May 6, 2013 Adult Industry, Champagne Room, Personal, Random Bits
This might become an ongoing series as I remember stuff or things occur to me.
– I regret forgetting my walking shoes one recent weekend and having to wear heels more than I’d planned, which caused a foot sprain a couple days later when I returned home.
– I regret giving my real phone number to a Las Vegas strip club for the one or two nights I worked there in 2008. I still have that phone and have gotten text messages from them a few times a week. Since 2008. I wish they would purge their “inactive hires” list. Advice to anyone: treat strip club managers like customers and never give out your real phone number. Granted, I’m obviously a little slow on the uptake. Never had a problem with Dallas clubs texting me for the rest of my natural life, but that was years before. Damn technology.
– I regret not having professional photos taken of me during my stripper years. I had a great body. I also regret not being an international touring stripper. Would have been a blast.
– I regret letting relationships get in the way of my work; the reason I didn’t become an international touring stripper, the reason for my retirement in 2004, and the reason behind other decisions. Something I’ve learned in my 30s is to just say no to being squished by a relationship.
– I often regret being so damn “different” as an escort but that one’s not a full-on regret as there have been a lot of good things about being me. However, when I give advice to others, I always give it on the assumption that they do not want to make the mistakes I have.
– I regret my terrible, trashy taste in fiction. I read a lot of the classics when I was younger and I regret not reading more because my current love of brainless, non-redeeming fiction is embarrassing. (My taste in non-fiction is upright and not embarrassing.)
– I regret buying cute handsoaps with little plastic animals embedded in the soap because as the soap washes away, the hard pointy edges of the animals emerge and every washing is painful but it takes a lot of washing to be able to pull the animals out of the soap.
– I regret not speaking my mind when I really should.
– I regret my lack of time-management skills and how it’s gotten worse, not better, over the years.
– I don’t regret not getting a boob job.
Apr 22, 2013 Random Bits
Last week was a bad week for the US. As a runner, I’m still coming to grips with the attack on the Boston Marathon and the idea that some of the runners have lost their legs. So far, no reports of any barefoot runners being injured. Not that running shoes protect against a bomb.
I would like to donate to any personal family fund for victims without health insurance. For now, it seems like this is going to be the best place to donate: The One Fund. Sporty types can buy a t-shirt.
As a Texan, I’ve been saddened by the explosion in West. A friend and I were sitting on my couch, watching a movie and we felt it. We’be both been through earthquakes and thought it was an earthquake, one that lasted only 1-2 seconds. It wasn’t until the next day that I realized the time of the blast and what we felt.
The people of West have lost a lot. There are already donation cans set up near cash registers around Texas. For direct donations, this article suggests donating through the Salvation Army, Wells Fargo, Red Cross, or direct donations to the local banks specified in the article.
Anyone is welcome to post links to family donation websites. I know that it’s usually months after a tragedy that the the real cost comes to light for everyone involved.
Apr 15, 2013 Adult Industry
Here’s a little story I’ve wanted to tell for the last two or three years, since it happened.
There are things I won’t do for money.
Mar 25, 2013 Adult Industry, Sex
A few of the finer points of being a [good] client. These aren’t deal-breakers or anything blacklist-worthy, not by any stretch. It’s about those special little things, those bits where a man misses the mark. Not really something he can prepare for; though if he actually took care of himself head to toe like his companion does it would cease to be an issue. Since the specific men who inspired these examples probably aren’t going to see me again (I don’t hide annoyance well), I hope that their next companions have an easier time of it.