This might become an ongoing series as I remember stuff or things occur to me.
– I regret forgetting my walking shoes one recent weekend and having to wear heels more than I’d planned, which caused a foot sprain a couple days later when I returned home.
– I regret giving my real phone number to a Las Vegas strip club for the one or two nights I worked there in 2008. I still have that phone and have gotten text messages from them a few times a week. Since 2008. I wish they would purge their “inactive hires” list. Advice to anyone: treat strip club managers like customers and never give out your real phone number. Granted, I’m obviously a little slow on the uptake. Never had a problem with Dallas clubs texting me for the rest of my natural life, but that was years before. Damn technology.
– I regret not having professional photos taken of me during my stripper years. I had a great body. I also regret not being an international touring stripper. Would have been a blast.
– I regret letting relationships get in the way of my work; the reason I didn’t become an international touring stripper, the reason for my retirement in 2004, and the reason behind other decisions. Something I’ve learned in my 30s is to just say no to being squished by a relationship.
– I often regret being so damn “different” as an escort but that one’s not a full-on regret as there have been a lot of good things about being me. However, when I give advice to others, I always give it on the assumption that they do not want to make the mistakes I have.
– I regret my terrible, trashy taste in fiction. I read a lot of the classics when I was younger and I regret not reading more because my current love of brainless, non-redeeming fiction is embarrassing. (My taste in non-fiction is upright and not embarrassing.)
– I regret buying cute handsoaps with little plastic animals embedded in the soap because as the soap washes away, the hard pointy edges of the animals emerge and every washing is painful but it takes a lot of washing to be able to pull the animals out of the soap.
– I regret not speaking my mind when I really should.
– I regret my lack of time-management skills and how it’s gotten worse, not better, over the years.
– I don’t regret not getting a boob job.
Apr 22, 2013 Random Bits
Last week was a bad week for the US. As a runner, I’m still coming to grips with the attack on the Boston Marathon and the idea that some of the runners have lost their legs. So far, no reports of any barefoot runners being injured. Not that running shoes protect against a bomb.
I would like to donate to any personal family fund for victims without health insurance. For now, it seems like this is going to be the best place to donate: The One Fund. Sporty types can buy a t-shirt.
As a Texan, I’ve been saddened by the explosion in West. A friend and I were sitting on my couch, watching a movie and we felt it. We’be both been through earthquakes and thought it was an earthquake, one that lasted only 1-2 seconds. It wasn’t until the next day that I realized the time of the blast and what we felt.
The people of West have lost a lot. There are already donation cans set up near cash registers around Texas. For direct donations, this article suggests donating through the Salvation Army, Wells Fargo, Red Cross, or direct donations to the local banks specified in the article.
Anyone is welcome to post links to family donation websites. I know that it’s usually months after a tragedy that the the real cost comes to light for everyone involved.
I’ve been blogging here since 2005. I’ve enjoyed it and enjoyed the commenters who have come and gone (there are several whom I miss and hope they’re at least lurking). People have noticed that I’ve been fairly silent here since 2011. Coming back to the States was a bit of a shock and once re-acclimated, I began focusing more on my personal life and building my company. Or maybe I just find the States boring.
The company is moving forward, slowly, which is the normal speed for it. But exciting things are on the way: a new ebook, more blogging, a collaboration with a new author, reprinting Book 1. Seeing my baby growing makes me very happy. Makes for dull blogging though at some point I will do a series on self-publishing for sex workers.
Escort work is still fun but certainly not where the majority of my time and energy are directed. Mostly I’ve just been living my own life. Again, this makes for dull blogging. There are news bits and plenty of things that interest me sex work-wise but mostly…I’ve said a lot of what I want to say on relevant issues. Those poor horses are good and dead by now. Continuing to drum away is repeating myself and I hate doing that.
Continue to stick around for the random bits, a few rants, some thought pieces (my favorites). Not sure where this blog is going but it will continue to go and find its own way, as always. It still won’t ever become a sex blog or client expose. It will always be an atypical escort blog. So if that’s your thing, have patience.
Jan 28, 2013 Random Bits
I’ve always been entertained by this little bit. (Forgive the poor sound quality, obviously copied in the movie theater or something. Couldn’t find it elsewhere online but can’t say I looked that hard.)
If Captain Sparrow were an escort speaking to two arguing hobbyists:
“Gentlemen, will you please shut it! Yes, I lied to you. No, I don’t love you. Of course it makes you look old! No, I’ve never been to Brussels. It’s pronounced er-os. By the way, no, I’ve never met Karl but I love his clothes. And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my envelope is once again empty! Savvy?”
No one has yet decided to try and understand the mystery of legitimate rape from the rapist’s point of view. This is my handy guide to make life easy for all men who would like to enjoy unprotected, consequence-free sex with a non-consenting female, especially if the men in question have issues both with becoming a father and their victims obtaining an abortion. The courts have already decided that if it’s not a legitimate rape then it’s consensual sex, and scientifically that means she’ll become pregnant. The best way to tell if it was a legitimate rape is if she doesn’t get pregnant, but why not stack the odds in your favor from the very beginning?